Harvest Enzyme Facial
$65 (reg $75)
Apple is rich in Vitamin C and is a natural fruit acid for mild exfoliation and skin refining.
Pear tightens, soothes irritations, reduces swelling and redness.
Grape protects the skin from free radicals and premature aging, inhibits destruction of collagen.
Pumpkin is high in Vitamins A and C; it's a beta-carotene (beta carotene will help re-build Vitamin A receptors after a sunburn); pumpkin stimulates cell turnover.
The Daytona Beach News Journal is holding their annual Readers Choice Awards. Metamorphosis, LLC would love if you vote for us by clicking here and scrolling down to Health and Medical on the left hand side and fill in that line that says Aesthetics Center. Thank you!
What is a green smoothie? Technically it is 60% fruit, 40% greens. I personally only choose either pears, apples, bananas or berries for fruit. I never mix in melons because they should be eaten alone. My greens are usually always spinach but I have played with kale, dandelion greens, parsley, sprouts. Here are some green smoothie ideas and I any book by Victoria Boutenko.
Always blend the fruit first –
- 2-3 cups any greens of your choice, 2 cups papaya, 2 oranges, 3 dates
- 1 handful lettuce leaves, 1 handful mint, 4 bananas, 1/2 cup water
- Winter Smoothie - 1 cup organic frozen berries (any kind), 2 cups fresh spinach, 1/4 inch fresh ginger, water
- Spring Smoothie - fresh orange juice, ripe bananas, frozen mangoes, and several large leaves of kale (extra frozen mango gives lovely thick consistency you eat with a spoon)
- 1/2 bunch romaine lettuce, 1 cup strawberries, 2 bananas, water
- 4-5 kale leaves, 4 apples, 1/2 lemon juiced, water
- 2 big handfuls mixed baby greens, 2 pears, 2 mangoes, 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Choc-mint – 2 cups spinach, 10-12 mint leaves, 3 bananas, 2 Tbs. carob powder, 1 cup water
- 1 handful of spinach, 2 stalks of celery, 2 bananas, 2 pears, 1 apple, 1 cup water
- 1 small handful of spinach, 2 cups arugula, 2-3 mangoes, 1 cup water
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, 1 small pineapple, 1 large mango, 1-inch fresh ginger
- 1 handful wild greens (e.g. dandelion), 1 small handful mint leaves, 3 cups honeydew melon
- 3-4 stalks celery, 2 ripe persimmons, 1 banana
- 1 handful chard leaves, 5-6 kale leaves, 3 large bananas, 1 cup water
- 1 handful parsley, 3 cups of peeled papaya
Movie Night at Metamorphosis We will be having a class on nutrition and a special presentation of "Forks over Knives" on Thursday, March 15 at 5:30pm and Saturday, March 17 at 10:30am.
Call Metamorphosis 386-615-8195 to RSVP and please feel free to forward this eNewsletter on to your circle of friends as they’re invited, too.
THE GUT: A CONDUIT TO CHRONIC DISEASE
It's estimated that 70% of people in the US have either GI symptoms or some sort of GI disease. We all know that the digestive tract does much more than digest, metabolize, absorb and detoxify. A major role of the gut is to act as a barrier to finely regulate the trafficking of macromolecules between the external (food/microbes) and internal environment (systemic, cells, tissues, etc).
When this complex barrier is broken, foreign macromolecules can enter, interact with the immune system, and result in an in! flammatory response, which can lead to a multitude of local intestinal and systemic extra-intestinal (physical, mental and emotional) symptoms and diseases. Because of this, it's very important to embark on a program to heal the gut before focusing on fixing and alleviating symptoms. I've had some amazing results when choosing to heal the gut nutritionally first rather than focusing on the symptoms that manifest when the gut isn't healthy.
Until next time, Dr. Jill
One of my clients shared this incredibly beautiful video with me. Check out the hummingbird doing the barrel roll and the bat carrying the baby. Slow motion captures each of these wondrous creatures at their best. And be sure to see the butterflies!
Did you know that flowers are incredibly beneficial to the skin?
Our BRAND NEW 12 flower facial is ultra hydrating, lightening, it contains vital antioxidants for free radical protection and essential nutrients for skin health.
This treatment contains rose hip, cactus, hibiscus, blue lotus, white frangipani, magnolia, rose, honeysuckle, passionflower and more! Try our new facial for $75!
Buy for a friend! Win this facial today by posting "12 Flower Facial Special at Metamorphosis in Ormond Beach this month" on our Facebook page.
Post now until March 31, 2012.
More than just a chiropractor, Dr. Jill Chrzanowski can help you with many common medical illnesses. She is for women only, 386-227-5825, or I can be called directly on my cell phone at 386-503-4064.
1. Diabetes, type 1 and type 2.
3. High cholesterol issues.
5. Multiple sclerosis.
8. Posttraumatic stress disorder.
9. Sinus problems.
10. Allergies, asthma, emphysema.
12. Thinning hair.
14. Bone density issues.
15. Erectile dysfunction.
16. Priming the body for pregnancy.
17. Tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
19. Prostate issues.
21. Balance issues.
22. Concentration issues.
Next month, Dr. Jill will also be introducing a computerized nutritional biochemical survey.
A Valentine Gift for You! Your choice of two different February specials at Metamorphosis!
1) Sweetheart facial- indulge in the aromas of chocolate and cherries with antioxidants galore! Exfoliating and hydrating. A spa favorite. $65 this month (normally $75)
2) Vitamin A Peptide Peel and LED light therapy. This is a very light peel with minimal downtime and maximum regeneration. You may flake for a few days but you will have fresh wonderful skin to show off! This also includes red led light therapy to stimulate collagen and elastin and give you an instant firmness of the skin. $125 (normally $175)
Cracked heels can be a problem, especially in the colder months when the air lends itself to dry skin. On top of that, these fissures can worsen as a result of the pressure put on your heels throughout the day - especially if you're a fan of foot-imbalancing stilettos.
Along with being less-than-aesthetically-pleasing, untreated cracked heels can split even further, causing pain (and in some cases, infection). Prevention is key: moisturize daily, get pedicures as needed, and drink plenty of water to save your feet.
But what do you do when your cracks are already out of whack?
Step 1: Soak. Before heading to bed, soak feet in warm (not hot) water for about 10 to 15 minutes to cleanse and help promote circulation in the feet. Add Epsom salts, honey, oil, or milk to soothe and soften.
Step 2: Exfoliate. Now massage on an exfoliating foot scrub to stimulate skin and slough off dead skin. Rinse off and pat dry. Other options: use RA Cleansing pads (at Metamorphosis), which contain salicylic acid, to help gently remove flaking, or a good old-fashioned pumice stone. But whatever you do, do not pick at, peel, or try to cut off dead pieces of skin. That can lead to unnecessary irritation and even infection.
Step 3: Hydrate: To finish, apply a thick lotion, salve, or best choice Sister Love Bee Balm (at Metamorphosis) liberally to the feet. Cover with socks and let the moisturizer work its magic while you sleep. Repeat the process every day for about a week to reveal beautifully soft heels. And if the fissures still remain, head to the podiatrist for a professional's opinion.
Winter Radiance Facial with Oxygen Therapy - $85 (regularly $99)
Indulge in the aromas and incredible antioxidants of cherries and chocolate and grape seed oils with clove. Finish with the incredible benefits of oxygen infused in the skin with Vitamins A, C, and E.
Book Now for You or for a Gift
Win this facial today by LIKING US on Facebook.
All you have to do is type "Metamorphosis has great facial services in Ormond Beach" and one lucky person will receive a complimentary treatment. Post now until January 31, 2012.
Our Open House is this Saturday!
Lots of exciting new services we are offering. It's going to be a lot of fun so feel free to bring a friend.
We will be featuring Jeff Gavette from Lightwaves International as a guest speaker and presenter at every hour on the hour from 11am - 2pm to show a demonstration of this incredible piece of equipment.
Enjoy food, free consultations, Advanced Mineral Makeup demos - get color tested, door prizes, massages, facials and special pricing and deals that will be featured only on that day
Check out Our Door Prizes!
- One Lightwaves Anti-Aging treatment.
- One Rejuvena Facial.
- One 1 Hour massage with Eleanor Miles.
- One 1 Hour massage or Healing Touch session with Joanne Vogel.
- One $20.00 Gift Certificate to Metamorphosis.
- One manicure at Metamorphosis.
- One free eyebrow wax.
- One pair of World’s Softest Socks.
- One Tassi and H2O Mitt.
- Choice of one handmade pendant or earrings from Beth Guiser.